Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Small House in a Big House #4

I measured the space in my kitchen/family room. It is less than 500 sq. ft. My goal is to eventually get everything that I personally own in that space. I won't physically move everything to that space, but I will make sure that all that I have will fit. There is no way I will be able to get my entire family's stuff in that space.  The kitchen has tons of cabinet space to store things so I can definitely get all of my items in that space. Most of the small house designs I have seen have a loft for the bed, so I am going to assume I don't have to leave room for that.

I am pondering what do do with the yard and cleaning supplies. I am not going to get my new LG washing and drying machine in the kitchen. I guess there are some things that I will simply have to exclude with the intention of getting rid of them if I actually downsize.

I realize now, this process is going to take at least 6 months. Even with the stuff I have gotten rid of so far, it has hardly made a dent.


Today's project was a small linen closet upstairs, I cleaned out a small linen closet upstairs and was able to identify two full garbage bags.

No one ever looked in the closet for linens.  There wasn't room in it to store clean linens, so they ended up in my closet.

I swear I am not a hoarder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment