Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Small House in a Big House #2

Today I cleaned out my kitchen again. I think I throw out a garbage full of stuff every 3 months, but I still have more.

I threw out a garbage bag full of just junk, and a large box full of recipe books and kitchen equipment.

I also threw out 5 garbage bags full of clothes and other kitchen equipment from my basement. Today I threw out some items that I really didn't want to get rid of. My sister gave me a dish with impressions in it to make shortbread cake. I think I used it once and the shortbread stuck to the dish.

I also got rid of some 1950s vintage baking dishes that were divided in half. I have no idea what anyone used these dishes for. If you have two different foods they would generally have two different cooking times or temperatures. I don't know what you would cook in a baking dish that was separated, unless it was essentially the same food but with slightly different ingredients, for instance baked mac and cheese, with different cheeses on each side. I had 3 different colors of these dishes and they looked great, but I never used them.


No comments:

Post a Comment