Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't let the terrorists win, brine your chicken

This recipe was taken from a Sunday Supplement article on Jamie Oliver.  You can see the whole recipe here-> http://bit.ly/e3h2zd.

But if you do nothing else, you must use this recipe for brining chicken. I can do anything with my chicken breasts that would normally dry them out and they stay moist and tender.

1 QT water
2 Tablespoons Kosher salt (Yes, Kosher. Don't use regular salt)
1/3 cup honey
3 cloves crushed garlic
2 sprigs fresh sages, leaves only (I used 2 teaspoons of rubbed sage in a spice bottle)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (No, not white vinegar.  You have to use the brown type)
Juice and zest of one lemon.  (I cut the lemon in half and then squeeze the juice in and then just throw the whole lemon in the container.

I put all of this is a 2 Quart Tupperware container and then stir and add the chicken. Brine for 1-2 days then cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment