Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Red Curry Tilapia

I like the idea of serving fish to my kids because it is high in protein and low in fat.  Unfortunately the way they like it is deep fried and covered in batter. This recipe for Red Curry Tilapia turned out great and I happened to have every ingredient in my kitchen already.  This recipe was originally for a fish cake which called for the fish to be blended in a food processor.  No blending for me; my Dad broke my blender and the idea of blended fish makes me think of the SNL skit for the Bass-o-matic.   http://bit.ly/fZRFRz  I cubed the fish and just stir fried it.

Ingredients - I like Tilapia because it is firm, abundant and not too fishy tasting.  Why is fish the only food that people don't want to taste like itself.  Ever hear anyone say their orange was too orangy?

Red Curry Fish
16 oz tilapia fish fillets - I bought mine frozen. Each filet was in an individually vacuum sealed package.
Red Curry Paste from Thai Kitchen  - 2 Tablespoons  http://bit.ly/ejAkG7
2 Eggs
sugar - about 2 teaspoons
green beans - fresh (about 5)
Fish Sauce - 1 tablespoon  http://bit.ly/WbRuk
Garlic - 2 large cloves
green onions - 5 each

Prepare
Chop up the fish into stir fry size pieces (3/4 inch to 1 inch)
Dice the green onions (green only) - you want these very small
Slice the green beans open lengthwise then cut crosswise into 1/2 inch peices
Mince the garlic
Beat egg into a small bowl

Mix
 Mix all of this together in a bowl
Stir fry in vegetable oil of choice. ( I don't recommend Olive oil)

Eat and enjoy.  This is just a little spicy.  My 16 year old and my 9 year old both really liked this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment