Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Alba Snack Shake Mix - Vanilla

Again, a gift from the Ex.  I had never heard of Alba Snack Shake Mix.  It is manufactured by the Hain Celestial Group, Inc from Melville, NY 11747.  The particular batch I have was made On Sept 30, 2006.  It comes with directions for pudding and shakes.  I made the pudding version.

The pudding did not gel at all.  It was still fairly liquid the next morning after having been refrigerated all night.  The texture was kind of, well, like snot.  I still tried it though.  It had a kind of chemical taste.  I decided to try the shake directions to see if it would taste better, so I added milk.  Still the same taste.

When in doubt add chocolate.  I was at Wal-Mart and found some Ghirardelli's cocoa that was cheaper than the off brand I usually buy and snapped it up thinking I was getting a good deal.  I didn't realize until I was home that it was cheaper because it was sweetened and had lots of sugar in it.  But it is great for making hot cocoa with milk because you don't need to add sugar and it melts into the milk very easily.

The pudding still was not great with chocolate.  I couldn't get over the slimy texture of it and the chemical taste was still in the background.

Let's see if my son will eat it.

What is in it:  This package had no ingredients or nutritional information.


Update:  My son wouldn't eat it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment