Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Aesthetically Pleasing Vaginas

      I learned two things today that I didn't want to know: 1) There is a socially acceptable "look" for a women's genitals and 2) some women care about this enough to have surgery.

     I was innocently watching a Hulu documentary called "America the Beautiful" when they cut to a women in a plastic surgeons office with a Penthouse magazine (a magazine where they apparently show women's genitals! I know, right!) and showed it to the doctor. She wanted her vagina to look like the one in the magazine.  (45:27) Wow! Next scene, a women saying that the full frontals are often airbrushed, meaning some guy is making the genitals conform to a standard societal model of what women's genitals should look like.  Yup, designer vagina!
   
     This also makes me aware of something else I didn't want to know; there are women who are checking out their genitals enough to know what they look like compared with a Penthouse magazine model.
    
     Is there any part of a women's body that has not been assigned a societal model of beauty - any part? Is there a standard of beauty for the back of the knee or the curve between women's fingers?
   
     I really want to believe women are doing this to themselves and that no man ever cared if one labia was a different size or shape from the other one. Did any guy ever have an opportunity to check out a women's genitals then say, "Meh, no thanks, I really expected that to look better"?

Links - http://www.hulu.com/watch/198883/america-the-beautiful.
PS. - Check out the swell guys at (42:51) such caring young men. (sarc)  I wonder if super cool, shallow guy knows he is going bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment