Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Why I don't have a Significant other

The Drake equation of finding intelligent life in the Universe can also calculate the probability of finding an acceptable mate.

So using the link below I plugged in the numbers.
the number of potential men in Utah County, Utah.  545,307
R - the rate of population formation - 5.3%
Fm - fraction who are men - 49.7%
Fu - fraction living in Utah County = 1 ( included in population above)
Fa - age appropriate - years from 40 - 55 (too wide?) 5%
Fu - Education level = 1 (I don't care)
Fb - physically attractive = I am kind of picky I guess and this is fairly important to me.  I would say 1 in 10 men are attractive to me. 10%
L = 47 years old

G= 545307 *.053*.497*.05*.1  = 71 total!! ( see correction below, it is really 27!)

That is a  .013% probability that any person I meet would be a potential mate.  Good luck to me.

Correction:  I forgot to include that they must be single!   40% of males are single in the US.  I assume the rate is the same in Utah County.   This changes the total to 27 total people out of 545,307 who could be potential mates.  Can you all call me to arrange an interview?

Use the link below to find the equation with explanations.:  http://bit.ly/ay0ou4

No comments:

Post a Comment